Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent
The Burton Group is an independent insurance agency licensed in Indiana, Texas, and Arizona. Serving primarily the Bloomington, IN area and surrounding counties, The Burton Group is comprised of three (3) affiliate companies cross referring and selling to one another in the financial services field – insurance, planning, investments, and accounting/taxes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self motivated P&C agent with personal and/or commercial lines experience to sell insurance products to prospective clients. The position will also involve cultivating and growing our current book of business within the agency by reaching out to existing clients and cross selling insurance products.
Team member will ensure that insurance applications are submitted in accordance with agency policies and procedures with efficiency, quality and accuracy.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Presently hold (or able to obtain) an active Indiana Property and Casualty Agent license.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing success and stability in the insurance business with 1 (one) year or more of recent sales experience.
- Experience in computer quoting software and e-mail applications.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated to help clients and prospective clients achieve and maintain their financial goals.
- Strong communication skills including presentation ability.
- Solid selling and sales process skills.
- Ability to build a strong customer base.
- Must be organized with ability to manage time wisely.
Applicants should be able to use Microsoft Office and will be trained on our CRM software. Willingness and ability to work extended/irregular hours to include some weekends.
We will offer a salary commensurate with experience and licensure, our agent should expect to earn $30,000-$45,000 in the first year. We offer a base salary plus production % including bonuses, Paid Time Off (PTO) and/or vacation after 6 months. Other benefits may be discussed at the agent’s request; we will customize pay plans.
Fax or email resume and cover letter to (812) 333-0805 or Susan@BurtonTrust.com.